Reporting to: Livestock Manager
Assist the Livestock Manager in daily management of the Livestock business to ensure the growth and profitable implementation of the business strategy.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the Health & Safety of all the staff on location, ensuring all documentation is completed to the required legal standard
• Ensure team members demonstrate the BB4 core values and understand the impact of maintaining them for the benefit of the whole group.
• Manage and drive the livestock team on a daily basis, providing instruction and ensuring daily goals are achieved
• Take proactive measures (e.g. administer medicine, vaccinations, etc.) the ensuring health and well-being of livestock on a daily basis
• Allocate jobs to individual staff skill sets and assist in their ongoing training and development
• Ensure all machinery is maintained and safe to use, reporting on breakdowns and requirements for repairs in a timely manner to keep downtime to a minimum
• Ensure required data is recorded correctly by all staff and provided to administration in a timely and efficient manner
• Assist in the proactive planning of machinery, staffing and equipment requirements for livestock management, ensuring clear communication within the other teams of BB4
• Liaise with customers to understand their individual requirements
• Provide regular progress updates (including issues, concerns) to Livestock Manager on a regular basis
• Assist the Livestock Manager to maximise costs savings where ever possible
• Keep up to date on current technologies, products and ways of working that will improve the overall business productivity
• Understand budgeting and costing of livestock management and actions are implemented to ensure maximum profit margins are achieved
• All other duties and responsibilities as requested by management from season to season
Our beef farm is based in Kent. The herd graces on a bird reserve which is @3,500 acre nature reserve. They come in for the calling period and winter housing to the farm which is about 6 miles away from the grazing. We have 2000 head of cattle, 800 suckling herd.. consisting limousine bus, native and continental cross cows.
The position is a full time permanent position and comes with accommodation and a vehicle.
Anyone who is interested just needs to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or
contact me via 07872 600489.